Congratulations! You’ve made it through your first interview at Michelin and are feeling pretty good about your prospects of landing your dream job.
All you have to do now is sit back and wait for the phone to ring, right?
Well, not really.
It may come as a surprise, but how you behave between your first and second interviews is almost as important as how you perform face-to-face with the recruiter.
Do you really want the recruiter thinking you are someone who will turn their ‘professionalism’ on and off as and when it suits them?
Below Michelin Recruiting Marketing Manager Jill W.Goulette gives her ‘Seven Steps to Success ’ for what you should do after your first interview in order to maximise your prospects of being hired.
- Step 1. Be sure to ask your recruiter about the timeline for next steps.
- Step 2. Send a thank you email and reiterate your interest in the company.
- Step 3.While rare in the digital age, a handwritten note is a nice surprise!
- Step 4. Give the recruiter time to contact you after you thank them based on the timeline they provided. In other words, don't be too overzealous.
- Step 5. Provide any follow-up items in a timely manner, for example candidate expense reports.
- Step 6. When the recruiter calls with the decision, be courteous even if the outcome is not as desired.
- Step 7. Don't give up if the outcome is not favorable, there may be something better around the corner!