Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
US0 Central Engineering Headquarters: Come join our growing team of mechanical, electrical, automation, and IT engineers at our central engineering headquarters, located at the Donaldson Center campus in Greenville, South Carolina. Our team of Engineers is responsible for the successful implementation of major capital projects throughout North America. These state-of-the-art projects relate to new and upgraded material handling, material preparation, tire-building, and curing processes at our Manufacturing Facilities throughout the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
This position supports tire building and / or after cure manufacturing activities. The position will include aspects of project management, technical specification, design, analysis, installation management, equipment start-up and manufacturing support. Electrical/Automation engineers support the manufacturing processes and equipment in one or several manufacturing facilities by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing electrical systems and components. Engineers are expected to spend a substantial amount of time performing hands-on activities. Interaction with all levels of employees will be encountered. These tasks are sometimes accomplished through the management of contract engineering resources.
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
- Create initial designs, assist to define functional specifications for new machines and systems, develop estimates and budget, assure procurement of parts and systems, monitors electrical equipment fabrication, conduct vendor/contractor management, deliver complete and current technical documentation, and oversee installation and startup of projects that range from simple modifications of existing machinery to large-scale expansion projects.
- Have hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators and maintenance personnel and gaining detailed knowledge of the process.
- Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the tire manufacturing and/or control & Measure processes, including technical assistance for problem solving analysis.
- Level 1 PLC programming support for tire building machines in North America. Requires strong PLC programming competency in all Rockwell platforms and ability to program communications between PLC platforms and Level 2 computer systems. (Siemens knowledge is a plus)
- Provide technical expertise for all electrical related components to include: Various types of sensors, Controls(PLC), Motors, Drives, HMI Operator Interfaces, Power Distribution
- Expertise in vision systems and measurement systems would be preferred. Knowledge of how to employ systems capable of measuring product width, thickness, and aspect, as well as vision systems capable of validating product presence, positioning, and composition. Familiarity with Cognex, Keyence, Adept, Bytewise, Gocator components would be beneficial.
- Participate in all facets of project management including: Economic justification, design, vendors/procurement, installation, start-up, qualification, machine acceptance, training for operations & maintenance, project reviews and technical documentation acceptance consistent with MPA Quality System.
- Provide liaison between facility engineering, central quality, methods and purchasing teams, and equipment suppliers to assure good mutual system requirement understanding.
- Project support, especially during installation, start-up and ramp up phases, is often "on-site" and "hands on", and many projects include implementation schedules during holidays and shutdowns. Travel expectations are typically up to 30% of time over the course of a year, however the travel requirement is often not evenly distributed throughout the year. Depending on project assignments, travel percentage can exceed 30%. Travel can include international locations.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!Apply